I have a stretched in video and i cant get it normal

What is your operating system?
PC 64-bitt

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut version 20.07.11

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

i was bussy with edditing a 6 min video i was almost done i only had to copy some filters and paste them on the last few clips but when i did that for some reason all my clips got zoomed in and got black bars on the left and right i thought it was maybe the 16:9 that i accedentaly changed but it was still the same i checked if the ressolution of 1920 x 1080 60 fps got changed but that was also most of the clips didnt even have a filter so it couldnt be a filter causing this my guess is that i maybe copied a keyframe causing all my clips to get keyframed but i couldnt get my clips to be normal does anyone may know what is causing my problem i also have some pictures and clips of shotcut acting like this i have also tried contacting some people in the unofficial discord server but they didnt know what it was asswel thanks for reading. if you know what the problem could be please help me.

application log:

application log.txt (113.3 KB)

Can you pls. provide some screenshots so that we see what you did in editing?
When you say you hardly didn’t use any filters but talk of keyframes that you use - there is something weird imho. You use keyframes to animate filters in some point of time, so they would be useless without active filters. I can imagine that you accidentally applied a filter to the whole track instead of a single clip, that would influence all clips on that track. For example the size&pos. filter could do that or a crop filter applied to the track. When the track head is selected and you apply a filter it is applied to the whole track (= all clips on that track).

1 Like

Another posibility:

Until recently, I did not know that the reason the Timelines time-position scale is called “Output” is that it is a master track effecting everything under it. From the comments where I learned this, I am not the only one who did not know.

“Output” can have filters.

So if a filter was inadvertently added to Output, it would effect all the tracks, and a clip-by-clip search for the offending filter would never find it.

2 Likes

it says i can only upload one file so should i take away my application log?

that is realy helpfull and good to hear i will try it out

so should i remove output and then just redo al my filters?
(i dont mind redoing all the filters if it works)

Ah Yes thank you so much i have the icon next to it now i know what happend could you explain to me how i can undo the filters in Output plus my audio was also muted this was probably also the reason for that happening.

Never mind i found it out but THANK YOU SOOoooooo much i got a headache trying to find out what was wrong. i cant say thank you enough! thx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.