How to do a "family guy" style scene transition effect?

Kind of where the image becomes ‘wavy’ fade into the next scene

You tie a low-frequency audio tone generator into the horizontal-synch signal, and…

…oh, wait, that doesn’t work anymore, we are digital now.

I do not know what you mean, but you can make a filter only occur during its transition:

I’m not sure if this is what you need.

To do this:

  • Create a transition between two clips.
  • Select the transition
  • Go to Filters and apply a Wave filter to the transition.

In my example I only used the Deform Horizontally option.


This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.