How-To Challenge: Animated concentric circles

… oops, the first rotation should have bee 15 degrees, not 15.5 degrees! Still, it didn’t make a noticeable differenc…

Quite a clever use of filters @dimadjdocent.
I’ll remember that. Very cool effect.

2 Likes

I’ve looked at all your methods @jonray, @dimadjdocent, @Namna & @Elusien
Looks like we all took different paths (some even took more than one path :wink: ) to achieve more or less the same result.

The improvements to the effect are quite impressive.

@jonray I’m particularly impressed by what you did to create a dotted circle. Lots of steps, but very clever thinking.

2 Likes

I see that I failed a crucial step in the second part. The 1 black color for the circle(s). And probably would have failed to figure it out.

Never would have guessed a text filter for making lines.

@PoisonedSlice I just a lot of unnecessary mask simple filters with SP&R to animate. 4 Tracks of masks to be exact. This is why it was easier to work with a 1:1 aspect ratio.

1 Like

My first attempt was, as I suspected by the ends of the lines and the inner circle, the same as @Elusien’s. (learnt about crop circle from here). Crop circle and 2 masks (one for inner circle, one for the space in the circle) and an SPR to rotate everything.

2nd version was crop rectangle with radius 100, equirectangle stereographic (after going through nearly every 360 setting) and unpremultiply alpha to get rid of background residue/halo. The reason I didn’t get perfect round ends was because my crop rectangle was aligned to the top, and not vertically centred!

Ma première tentative était, comme je le soupçonnais par les extrémités des lignes et le cercle intérieur, la même que celle de @Elusien. (j’ai appris le crop circle ici). Un crop circle et 2 masques (un pour le cercle intérieur, un pour l’espace dans le cercle) et un SPR pour tout faire pivoter.

La deuxième version était un rectangle de recadrage avec un rayon de 100, un équirectangle stéréographique (après avoir passé en revue presque tous les paramètres de 360) et une démultiplication de l’alpha pour se débarrasser des résidus de l’arrière-plan. La raison pour laquelle je n’ai pas obtenu des extrémités parfaitement rondes est que mon rectangle de coupe était aligné sur le haut, et non centré verticalement !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.