Gore Truck Show 2022

Here is my second attempt at a video for the Gore Truck Show. This is the short version, featuring only a handful of trucks since not everybody wants to watch 20 minutes of that, but the full parade and prize giving are on the way in another chaptered video. If there are any obvious errors please feel free to let me know!

EDIT: Here is the long version featuring the full truck parade (I suspect only hardcore truck enthusiasts will be interested in this version).

8 Likes

I like your graphics, fonts and transition. I wouldn’t have a clue on how to even start that.

The trucks were impressive. Never seen rigs like that.

1 Like

Hi @PoisonedSlice - I just saw this. Wow - your text effects (and transitions) are top-drawer! And from 2:38 onwards - could that moving text possibly be done with one of my “wordflash” HTML templates by any chance? No problems if not, but if so, I’m chuffed! And if not, how did you do it?

1 Like

Hi @jonray
Yes you are correct about the text effects! I always keep an earlier copy of Shotcut (as an appimage since I’m on Linux and it’s easy) for using WebVfx, as rare as that is these days. The colouring competition transition @ 2:28 also uses one of your brush images taken from here:
161 new transitions - using "Mask:From File".

Thanks to all the usual suspects (developers, contributors etc), and that of course includes you jonray!

1 Like

Updated short video (fixed a couple of things I didn’t like - adjusted brightness on the truck parade section and did some minor colour grading and tried to improve some of the transitions to make them feel more seamless):

One thing I have learnt during this process is that I made some of the standard beginner mistakes like too much panning at eye level (in the wrong way) and not holding some scenes still for long enough, so I had to try and use Shotcut to disguise some of that. Next year will be an improvement!

2 Likes

Excellent text work!

1 Like

Thanks Hudson,
I really should’ve spent half a day the weekend before doing some YouTube tutorials, but that particular aspect didn’t occur to me until AFTER I’d taken all the footage! Then some experimenting in the back yard with ground level and higher up recording angles, zooming in and moving forward with the camera to create close-ups (as well as moving backwards and zooming out), proper “framing”, use of leading lines and foreground objects to create depth etc etc - all things I was unaware of - would’ve probably born some fruit on the day, but oh well, there’s always next year!

1 Like

Really impressive work!
I love the light reflecting off the paintwork and the graphics are outstanding.

2 Likes

Thanks Solska, that’s one aspect of the recording I think I managed to get right.

1 Like

I think you done a brilliant job. The only thing I’d perhaps change is if it was possible to include some of the kids, prize artwork, as it would give them a real buzz to be included. Otherwise great job.

2 Likes

I agree, and funny you should mention that! I asked if someone could perhaps take a few photos of the colouring competition winners this year (or even a group photo), which is held at a different time. It didn’t happen :frowning:

And since I have nothing at all to do with the event organisation, that aspect is out of my control.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.