Gain + Limiter Filter Turns Off at the 8-Minute Mark

What is your operating system?
Microsoft Windows 10 Home

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.05.18 64 bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I don’t know if it’s been happening to anyone else, but I notice in this version that when I use either the Gain or Limiter filter, the filter eventually loses its effect at about the 8-minute mark. The result is a dramatic drop in volume as soon as the 8-minute mark is hit.

It’s pretty easy to replicate.

• Start with a video that’s longer than 8 minutes. Mine is about 16
  • Apply both the Gain and Limiter filter (in that order) to the track (also does it if applied to the clip). It doesn’t matter what your settings are as long as it’s noticeable difference in volume.
  • Play the clip

At around the 8 minute mark, my volume dramatically drops to the default volume as if the filters were turned off.

I wish I can show a demo right now, but I’m making another tutorial, and that’s what’s being affected. It has happened to me in my last 2 tutorials.

I tried to create this with a long tone project. But I do not create it. Does this fail for you?
gain_test.mlt (3.4 KB)

You don’t accidentally have a filter on your master track that is tricking you, do you?

I could not replicate it with your files. I do not have a filter on the master file. I can’t figure it out. I’ll do more digging

Maybe try to reproduce it with a minimal project that you can share.

Did you happen to apply filter trimming to your gain filter?

The hidden culprit or keyframes May be embedded in the template I keep reusing. Next project, I’ll start with a totally fresh timeline and see if it happens again.