Font problem in text:HTML

Hi, I have a problem with font that I want to use in my video.

I decided to use HTML to create an animated title (intro on my YouTube channel). I had followed tutorial from YouTube and everything was fine till I put the HTML document into Shotcut. Cause, I am from Poland I need some “ą, ś, ć, ó” polish letters. I downloaded font Barrio from googlefonts.com. Document doesn’t show my letters “ą,ś,ć,ó”. Does anyone have similar problem or know how to fix it? I will be very greatful. And no, I can’t change this font :slight_smile:

Hi @Karolina, [my goodness how do I pronounce your name !??]

You can do it. This site: http://adsorption.org/awm/info/pl-codes.htm
gives you HTML codes for the characters you need.

Just use the HTML dec. code in your HTML instead of letters. So - typing

Polish%20code

will give you:

Polish%20letters%20ASCO

Here’s the HTML:

For complete words just type the normal letters and replace the special characters with the correct code. So:

Gives:

(a completely made-up word just for demonstration - sorry, I am not Polish :smiley:).
PS Nice font!
1 Like

It works! Thank you good man! It is super helpful even for the future projects.

Evidence:

PS. I’ve changed my name. Previous one was actually my YouTube channel name. In English it would say “from bones to curves” :smile:

Thank you again and may the force be with you! :slight_smile:

My pleasure. Glad to help. Actually it was educational for me and I learned a new word:
Ogonek - a diacritic hook placed under the lower right corner of a vowel in the Polish language.
May the force be with you too, and stay safe…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.