Flatpak version crashes right away

I just installed the flatpak version of shotcut as the snap version didn’t work (i posted about that here: Shotcut does not start with “Free(): Invalid Pointer” error on Ubuntu Studio 18.04 LTS ), but as soon as i launch the flatpak version this is what i get:

/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=shotcut --file-forwarding org.shotcut.Shotcut @@ %F @@

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback ‘C’ locale.
QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
[Info ] Application::Application Starting Shotcut version 18.10.08
[Info ] Application::Application Linux version
[Info ] Application::Application number of logical cores = 2
[Info ] Application::Application locale = QLocale(Danish, Latin, Denmark)
[Info ] Application::Application install dir = “/app/bin”
[Info ] Application::Application device pixel ratio = 1
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log language “da_DK”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log deinterlacer “onefield”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log external monitor “”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log GPU processing false
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log interpolation “nearest”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log video mode “”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log realtime true
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::log audio channels 2
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
[Warning] <> No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize 0, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer), swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace), profile QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile))
[Warning] <> Falling back to using screens root_visual.
[Debug ] MainWindow::changeTheme begin
[Debug ] MainWindow::changeTheme end
[Debug ] MainWindow::MainWindow begin
[Warning] <> No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(), depthBufferSize 0, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 0, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer), swapInterval -1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace), profile QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile))
[Warning] <> Falling back to using screens root_visual.
[Fatal ] <> Could not initialize GLX

I am not very good at this, so is there someone who knows what my problem is?
Thank you in advance

This is probably a problem with the flatpak version on your system. As @pete has mentioned in the other thread, you need to give your flatpak version (not Shotcut version, which we already have):
$ flatpak install flathub org.shotcut.Shotcut

@IasG I guess you have a Nvidia card? The host and sandbox OpenGL driver don’t match. How did you install Shotcut? What’s you distrubtion?

@shotcut Maybe you can open and pin a topic about flatpak with a link to the Flathub issue tracker?

Thank you for your answers - since I was in a hurry with my project and with all my files on an external drive I just made a fresh install of Ubuntu Studio and installed the snappackage again and removed the csladspa file (i had tried this with no effect prevously) and it worked all of a sudden.
Therefore I dont recall what flatpack version it was, but thank you for your responses!!

I’m under the impression that you think, Snap and Flatpak are the same thing. This is NOT the case!

No i am not - I have linked this post to a different post where i talk about the snappackage i tried to get to work and then i created this post about the flatpack not to mix them uo :slight_smile:
I then went back to the snap-version since the flatpack wouldn’t run on my system (i am uncertain as to why) and that is what i am referring to in the other answer @pete

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.