Fit res size

Hi there I have video footage 2560x1440 and I want to make a cinematic movie size to create 21 x 9 aspect ratio. how can I make it can someone have an idea?
Thanks
Dylen

Thanks for the answer I want to transform 2560x1440 to 2560x1080 to make it cinematic film feel.
it is impossible?
Thanks
Dylen

Thanks for the answer, according to your tutorials above I didn’t get the desire proportion.
every time I try to change the resolution to 2560x1080 21:9 I get black on the sides screen.
My footage is 2560x1080 16:9 can’t get the result I wish for.
Thanks
Dylen

Step 1 is to create a custom video mode to suit your needs. Which @shotcut linked the documentation in his reply to you.

2021-07-22_01-37-56

Yes, you still have this issue to deal with.

There are 2 options here.

• To crop the video, thus losing top and bottom.
    Filter to use is Crop:Source, check the Center tick box.
    shotcut_2021-07-22_01-44-47

• To distort the video. Stretching the video to fit.
    Filter to use is Size, Position & Rotate. Click Distort, then Pos 0,0 and Size is 2560x1080.

Those are the two filters that will make it possible to transform your video to the specified video mode you mentioned.

Use this website to help you with the math: https://calculateaspectratio.com/

Thanks for the detail, I try it and it work but I am loosing a littel bit from my video but I deal with that. according to your cinematic tutorial video I try to do my best but it didn’t work. I use your detail from the tutorial and it was 2560 x 1440 to 2560 x1080 21:9
Thanks
Dylen

Anamorphic lenses are made for these things, They are usually expensive, I have one that’s around 760$ but I didn’t use it from when I bought it, I think I will be selling it for 600$ in India or gift it to my friend when he buys a camera.
You can buy one to use it with your camera.

Here is a very good video on aspect ratios, I usually follow it for my work:-

Thanks for your support.
Dylen

1 Like

Thanks for your video

When you’re starting out with a video that originally had a 16:9 aspect ratio, it’s natural to have to crop some from the top and bottom to fit the new ratio of 21:9

Thanks again appreciate
Dylen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.