First of all many thanks to the Developer(s) and Contributor(s) of shotcut, this is a great opensource project.
I have been trying to create a frontend for an existing mltservice filter and have problems on setting the value of a parameter that is supposed to be a string.
Specifically I have been trying to create a frontend for the following filters.
[ avfilter.framerate ] (https://www.mltframework.org/plugins/FilterAvfilter-framerate/)
Both have the parameter
‘av.fps’ which is of type string
in the ui.qml file I have tried setting the value directly with integers strings but no success in influencing the behaviour of the filter or resulting in a shotcut crash.
I had previously attempted to use the fuction .toString() to get a string value from a Slider value but in an attempt to figure out where I was going wrong I resorted to directly setting static values.
Acording to my research: this is a string which can be a whole number such as “30” or a rational number such as “30000/1001”
I have been trying to simplify as much as possible my qml files to be able to test, although it seemed to do something previously (actually slowing down the video), lately with simply including the filter in the mlt_service definition, shotcut crashes as soon as I add the filter.
I thought that I was having trouble in setting a string variable, but I am starting to think that perhaps shotcut is not capable of integrating these specific filters yet.
Any feedback would be apreciated, Thanks.