Extremely slow when selecting adding or selecting anything in the timeline

Extremely slow when selecting adding or selecting anything in the timeline. I have been creating a video from over 100 short clips recorded on a go-pro style action cam @1080p or my iphone12 in the .mov movie format.

I generally add about 10 clips at a time to the playlist, then add each clip as I go editing and using overlapped transitions between clips. I also use fade in and fade out for video and audio and I have 3-4 audio tracks over certain parts too and some simple text overlays.

The full video is around 1hr 20 min in total and as it stands its taking at least 1 minute to select video clips in the time and around 3 mins just to use the detach audio feature per video clip.

This is adding a lot of extra time when editing the video as I spent nearly 9 hours in editing where probably around half of that time just waiting for the clips to be selected. This is extremely frustrating especially if I click something in error. This software is becoming un-usable especially since its not being chocked at all by the hardware. The CPU usage is at 21% and memory is around 50%. I hope you can fix this issue in future updates but right now I have to look elsewhere as this is unworkable for any future projects.

What are the specs of your computer?
Is it powerful enough to meet the minimum system requirement for 1080p videos?

Did you try to use Preview scaling or Proxy Editing?

Hi, thank you for your reply. I’ve been using Shotcut for many years on this pc, the specs are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz
RAM: 8gb
At least 10gb of HD space remaining.
Win10

When I add the files to the playlist, it auto converts each one, then shows (PROXY) after the name of each clip. I also see a message showing “Preview scaling and Proxy on at 360p”.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.