Export Failed

Hi, I have been working on a project with an aspect ratio of 16:9 but the footage I am using is 4:7. I have exported successfully twice, but decided to enlarge the clips to take up the full aspect ratio.
I have tried exporting this and it gets to 10 minutes to go and fails! This has happened twice.

Am I missing something?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can only comisserate. I changed framerate from 25 to 30 on exporting to .mp4. Exactly after the same time it hangs. Shot cut warns that if you alter settings it can cause problems. I have no solution but to offer that you should stick to the standard settings.

So your original video before resizing looked something like this.
shotcut_2020-07-19_00-45-18

Which would look something like this.

No other information was provided, like specific resolution sizes, FPS of each source footage, Video Mode (Resolution/FPS).

If you’re looking to publish on YouTube, you don’t need 16:9 Aspect Ratio. YouTube works with any aspect ratio.

I was able to export the two PNG’s I had with the vertical image resized to full width of the Video Mode.

Check out this information on Video Mode.

If the footage is from a cell phone it may have a Variable Frame Rate, which is best converted in Shotcut’s “Convert to Edit-friendly” video converter. Usually this will open up when you attempt to open a Variable Frame Rate video. Clicking “Cancel” ignores the warning and lets you proceed without converting the video. The converted video doesn’t delete or change your original video at all.

shotcut_2020-07-19_00-58-32

Is the source video on the computer’s data drive, or are you trying to use it from the phone?

If you click on any video clip, then Properties, you’ll see if it’s has a Variable Frame Rate.
2020-07-19_01-04-45

Providing the failed export job log would be helpful as well.
Right click on the job.
2020-07-19_01-13-45
Save the log to a file, and up load the file here.
2020-07-19_01-15-59

Hi! Thank you for your response. This is only the second project I have worked on so I am really new to video editing. I filmed everything on a GoPro. I exported the first project no problem and I didn’t make any adjustments to the aspect ratio (zooming in), but there were two thick bars each side of the video which I wanted to get rid of for future projects. So am I right in thinking that this needs to be amended first before any other edits take place?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.