Every time I try to export, it fails at 3%

I’ve used Shotcut before, and it always works just fine. But now I’m working on editing a video that I don’t think is the most complex thing I’ve ever done, and every time I export it the export fails at 3%.
Log:
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/COPYING’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\COPYING”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/COPYRIGHT’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\COPYRIGHT”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/NEWS’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\NEWS”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/README’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\README”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/README-bench’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\README-bench”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/README-WINDOWS’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\README-WINDOWS”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/imp_1199.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\imp_1199.dll”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/mbeq_1197.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\mbeq_1197.dll”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/pitch_scale_1193.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\pitch_scale_1193.dll”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/pitch_scale_1194.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\pitch_scale_1194.dll”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/readme_LADSPA_plugins-win.txt’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\readme_LADSPA_plugins-win.txt”:

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/unins000.dat’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\unins000.dat”:

[h264 @ 0565ac80] Reinit context to 1920x1056, pix_fmt: yuv420p

Edit: I checked the program files, and most or all of the files are still actually there.

These files should not be missing from your system. If it were me I would re-install Shotcut.

OK. I actually checked the spot it says they are, and all the files are there. So I dunno.

You haven’t told us what system you are running or what version of Shotcut.

If it is a 64-bit version of Windows then you are trying to run a 32-bit version of Shotcut. Which is definitely not a good idea. If you recently downloaded Shotcut, did you use the official download here https://shotcut.org/download/? If so, did you accidentally install the 32-bit version instead of the 64-bit one.

How do I know if I have a 32-bit version of Shotcut? I don’t have a ton of storage, so I don’t want to download something I don’t have to.

Your version of Shotcut is the 32-bit one, since it is in “Program Files (x86)”. If it was the 64-bit version it would be in the folder “Program Files”.

To find out what your system is, go to: settings -> system -> about

You should not run a 32-bit version of Shotcut on 64-bit windows.

Oh, OK. Thanks for the help! (Wait, can I use project files I worked on in the 32-bit version? I spent all day on editing that, and I really don’t want to have to redo it.)

First make a copy of your project file (.mlt) and save e.g. to your Desktop. This should not be necessary as the .mlt file is independent of the type of OS.

Umm… I installed the 64-bit version, and it gave me this message:The code execution cannot proceed because libgcc_s_seh-1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
Was it something about the fact that I downloaded the zip file (from Github)

I have never used the “portable” ZIP version. I always use the “.msi” version (64-bit windows installer) and have never had a problem like this.

OK, that might be it. I’ll try it.

FYI there was a similar p[ost to this a few weeks ago:

The suggestion is to unistall the 32-bit version before installing the 64-bit one.

Well, I just got the video successfully exported using the 64-bit one.

Brilliant. Glad you managed it in the end. You might want to tick the box to say that the query is now sorted.

Will do.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.