Disco Mix video extract, featuring simulated spectrum analyzer LEDs

That’s really cool

1 Like

I tototally agree :slight_smile: Thanks

Thank you!

@brian

If you ever create that Audio level filter, would it be possible to add an option to adjust how accurate the bars are?

Meaning that you could set it, let’s say to 10 pixels, and the bars would go up and down in blocks of 10 pixels. That would prevent from producing fractions of LEDs when using a mask. Like you can see in this example:

CGMIlRoojM

Of course, that option would also be useful in the Audio Spectrum Visualization filter settings. :innocent:

Also, there is a problem similar to the one reported above by @Namna concerning the Spectrum Color parameter.

1. Set it to 2 (or more) colors
  2. Select another filter
  3. Go back to the Audio Spectrum filter
  4. Spectrum Color displays 1 colors

Y9oCYJEh4q

1 Like

I have a draft implementation of this. I am not sure if it will make it in the 21.12 release. Stay tuned.

I also have a fix for this. It will either be in the 21.12 release, or the following release.

1 Like

Thank!

Try shadertoy.com for EQ displays, load a mp3 n screengrab, maybe?

I wouldn’t know how to code a spectrum analyzer or a VU-meter with Shadertoy and make it react to an actual music track in Shotcut. Plus, unless I’m mistaken, to use shaders, you need to be at least a bit familiar with a software like Natron. For the mere mortal, the Audio Spectrum Visualization filter is a lot easier to use in my opinion.

This fix will be in the 21.12 release.

I think this is pretty much ready to go for the next release. Here is a screenshot:

The new Audio Level Visualization has two types: Bar and Segment. The bar type is the same as the Spectrum Visualization Filter bar type. The Segment type is new. It divides the bar into one segment for each color specified. The segments to not have a gradient - they match the exact color specified by the user.

The “Segment Gap” setting sets the space (gap) between each segment. The “Thickness” setting modifies the width of each segment.

I also added the “Segment” type to the Spectrum Visualization Filter.

1 Like

This looks great! And it’s fully customizable. Thanks a lot @brian, can’t wait to try it.

Hi @brian. I’ve been playing a bit with the new Audio Visualization filters and so far, I’m very pleased.

I will maybe come up with one or two suggestions after more tests, even if I know it will not be a priority.

I found one little bug today in Audio Spectrum Visualization:
The Segment Gap setting goes back to zero when you leave the filter and come back to it.
CwamO3EF6n

1 Like

Great demo. I love it!

Sounds good. I am expecting some feedback since this small feature did not have a beta release.

Fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Peut-être ajouter si c’est possible un paramètre rotation.
Aujourd’hui, si je veux obtenir l’effet suivant, je dois faire pivoter l’image d’origine avec SPR, puis mettre mon filtre audio level et enfin redresser l’image avec un second filtre SPR.

Maybe add a rotation parameter if possible.
Today, if I want to get the following effect, I have to rotate the original image with SPR, then put my audio level filter and finally straighten the image with a second SPR filter.

1 Like

:musical_note: CCR! :musical_note: :+1:

1 Like

Proud Mary est le premier 45 T que je me suis payé à l’époque avec mon argent de poche

Proud Mary is the first 45 T that I bought with my pocket money at the time.

1 Like

Mon premier 45 tours:
My first 45 rpm:
Donna Summer - I Feel Love

You should get a few in a couple of days :slight_smile:

I’ve been experimenting with it quite a bit. Love the segments!

shotcut_2021-12-26_11-47-09
shotcut_2021-12-25_00-12-32

2 Likes

Come on @Hudson555x… No song?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.