Default image dimensions

I have two video tracks, one with a 3840 x 2160 video in it, and the one above it is empty. If I drag a 200 x 200 image onto the second track, it’s scaled to fit the full size of the video underneath (in this case, 2160 pixels high).

I can resize it to its original dimensions if I add the Size, Position and Rotate filter to it, but I have to input the dimensions manually.

Is there a way to import the image without it being resized? If not, is there a way for the aforementioned filter to detect the original image size?

Click on “Fit” for the Size mode.
2021-05-26_12-26-18

Not with the above method of opening files in Shotcut.

Alternative way of working with Shotcut:
You could always use an image editor and position where you want that 200x200 image with a transparent background with a resolution to match your Video Mode in Shotcut. Save your image that has transparency with PNG.

Example Image:

Used in Shotcut: No filter

1 Like

Thanks for that. The “fit” size mode was what I was looking for. I’ll make a note of the second method, but I can’t use that for what I’m doing as I want to animate the image moving over the video.

1 Like

You still can move an image around if it’s 200x200, or 3840x2160. It’s just a different way of achieving the same goal.

1 Like

Ah ok - good to know, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.