Custom Video Mode, Classic Error

I guess I am not the first and I won’t be the last. I have just finished work on a video earlier today and I only noticed that I had messed up the video mode after I had exported the finished work.
I have now got a landscape video with portrait content. I want the portrait video but it should be in a portrait video mode. So now I am wondering if I can reset it somehow so I can export it the way I had originally intended.
I strongly suspect that I will need to do the whole video again with the correct video mode set to start with.
I have created two custom video modes, 4k landscape and 4k portrait. I chose the 4k Portrait video mode when I started the new project. But the editor seems to stay in the landscape format, so I now realise that I should have also set the video mode in the video editor before I started work. :man_facepalming: :gun:

Can anyone help shine some light on this for me please?

It’s best to set the Video Mode at the start of a project. Or you can set it using Settings, then choose a preset. There are several 4k presets to choose from.
2023-12-23_17-09-09

When you made the custom video mode, perhaps you didn’t flip the aspect ratio to 9:16.
shotcut_2023-12-23_17-13-24

That all depends on how many adjustments you want to make. Do a file Save As (give the project a new name and experiment to see if you need to start over. Various if not all filters may need to be adjusted.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.