Computer mouse actions - Overlay images and animations

I needed images and animations to simulates a computer mouse actions.
I didn’t find quite what I wanted on the net, so I made them myself with Inkscape.
Those of you who create video tutorial might find these files useful.

MB-mouse-overlaysV2.zip - Icedrive (UPDATED VERSION)

The ZIP contains:

Four .png images with transparent background :
   Mouse unused, left-click, right-click, wheel-click.

Two .mov clips with transparency (no need to use a Chroma Key filter)
   Mouse wheel turning forward, mouse wheel turning backwards

mouse_demoV2

8 Likes

Thanks for this. I’ve always wanted to learn inkscape but the interface is so weird

1 Like

The interface changed considerably with the latest version (1.1). It has taken me a while to get used to it. Inkscape itself is a really cool utility and there are lots of tutorials out there to get up to speed.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’ve downloaded the files and may use them on a short project I’m working, or I may use the idea for the basis of part of the project.

1 Like

Thank you for these really useful resources. :star_struck:
Maybe I can use them in a tutorial (if I can convince my son to do the voice-over).

3 Likes

That’s the same for me. (Instead, I do voice-overs myself)

I notice my voiceovers are really not good :worried:.
1 Like

@Helion, @Elusien, @ejmillan, @Ar_D

Thank you all for the comments.

Please note that I have updated the files.
The scroll-wheel looks a bit more realistic now.

I have found the tutorials from Logos by Nick to be very good - he has them for Inkscape and Gimp (and maybe other programs as well). No affiliation, etc.

Yes I too find these a good resource for Inkscape.

Hi @musicalbox - I’m coming in late to this thread. Must try harder to keep up these days… :wink:
These are very useful resources. Thanks a million!!

1 Like

@jonray
A million!!? No wonder you don’t have more time for the forum :stuck_out_tongue:
I estimate it would take around 65 days to say Thanks one million times

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Hello, MusicalBox, nice to find something like this, maybe you know how to make it as mouse input overlay for OBS, like tracking when do you click which button on mouse? thank you, looking forward. :grinning:

Hi @Jucie_JooL

Sorry, I wouldn’t know how to do that in OBS. I have very little experience with that program.

I believe someone has already done that 2 years ago, I can’t remember exactly who or what was the video. However you can find that with similar keywords if you have enough time.