Clarification on Audio Ducking setup for dialogue and background audio

Hi everyone,

I am currently editing a movie with a sad scene where the characters are talking, but there are several silent pauses between dialogue lines. I want the background audio level to stay consistent and lower automatically whenever the characters speak.
I want to make sure I understand the Audio Ducking filter setup correctly in Shotcut:

  • A1: Background Audio / Music
  • A2: Dialogue / Vocals

My understanding of the setup:

  • When the audio level on A2 (Vocals) is high, A1 (Background Audio) will duck (lower in volume).
  • When A2 is silent, A1 returns to its normal volume.

Is this correct, or do I have the tracks/settings reversed? Any tips on setting the right threshold for natural-sounding dialogue pauses would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

wrong track order, see docs or the video on the release news page

Okay, Thank you so much.