Changing speed of clips overwrites playlist items

What is your operating system?
What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Windows 10, Shotcut version 21.02.27
Ubuntu Mate 20.04, Shotcut version 21.03.21

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Here is a minimal example:

• Create a new project
  • Add two videos to the playlist
  • Drag the second video to V1
  • Move it along the timeline
  • In properties, change the speed
  • Now in the playlist notice that the first video has been overwritten by the clip (before the speed change)

This is just a minimal example I was able to reproduce, but in my projects they’ve gone further down the playlist as described here:

A separate bug is that if the speed of a clip is changed, its name on the timeline doesn’t get updated (with the speed in parentheses) until it’s moved.

This happens if you change any of the clip’s properties, e.g. “aspect ratio” or “video - track”.

If the clip’s on the topmost timeline track, then it won’t overwrite anything on the playlist. If it’s on the second-to-top track, it’ll overwrite the first playlist item. If it’s on the third-to-top track, it’ll overwrite the second playlist item, and so on.

Maybe it’s supposed to do something to the timeline but instead does it to the playlist. There’s this message: “[Debug ] Playlist::UpdateCommand::redo row 0”

Thanks. That is good information. We had a previous post or two about this that I could not reproduce. Now, I do.

This is fixed for the next version 21.04. Another key point is that it occurs when moving clips to other tracks. Doing so was accidentally reusing some variable related to playlist: the index value of new track was put into the clip as a playlist index. Then, when you changed the clip properties, it updated the corresponding playlist item. Nice to finally have this fixed.

Cool, thanks!