Can't Start The Program

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 Home (installed yesterday, latest install from web) - my old unit cracked, so I’m trying to set up a new unit to edit movies recorded from TV. I used to have Power Director 10, but I can’t afford the new SW so I’m trying Shotcut.

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit? The x64 just downloaded from shotcut.org - shotcut-win64-200711.exe

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.) Just click on the Shotcut icon in start menu, and I get this error:

The error message appears to have something to do with my video driver, but in my device manager it looks ok. Under Display Adapters it says: Intel® Q35 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0). Should I be using a different driver?

I was hoping I could use this prog, as it appeared to be easier than some others I read reviews about.
Regards.

It seems that your video driver do not fit the minimum requested by Shotcut.

Try to launch Windows update to get latest updates, then go to Intel web site and install Intel update software to detect and install last updated drivers from Intel.

If your computer is a Dell computer, run the Dell command Update utility. If it is not installed, go to Dell web site or look from Google Dell command update.
If it is another brand, go to the brand web site and check if updated driver is available for your computer, especially for video.

Hope this can help you.
Autourdupc.

You could try reading this post.

forgive me

i can’t open the shotcut app when i open it, it comes like this

Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(DoubleBuffer), swapInterval 1, profile QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile)) .
This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed.

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher, or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll) are available in the application executable’s directory or in a location listed in PATH.

please say a way to open.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.