Can you take out wind noise?

Example: making overdubbed audio from one language match a video that was spoken by actors in a different language.

Also for making parody/cover videos where an amateur vocalist is trying to match a commercial track and misses by a little bit, but that was their best take so you gotta keep it.

Or to help an amateur rapper get all their random verbiage in before the chorus starts… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

As @Austin comments, it may be one of those options.
My case is as follows:
I have a TV series that was dubbed into Spanish at the time (mono audio).
Then there was a remastered release in HD and 5.1 channel audio, but there is no Spanish dub.
With Reaper, I can synchronize the Spanish dubbed audio track with the HD remastered video.
I can also replace the center track where the original voices are with the dub track, keeping the rest of the tracks for music and effects.

It is an arduous task but I wanted to know if I could do this kind of thing.

Thank you both for your replies, that’s really cool.

That Reaper program looks interesting. Seems like another perfect companion for Shotcut. Even if it’s not free, I think 60$ is a reasonable price.

Also, I loved that show you’re working on. One of my favorite Sci-Fi TV series in the late 70’s
In french it was called Cosmos: 1999

Also, it’s funny to see this post becoming popular, but we still don’t know if it was useful to the original poster :slight_smile:

We let the wind blow us away. :wink:

1 Like

I hope we helped the OP.
If not, the only other thing I can relate about wind noise is what my mother told me when I was young.
Always say excuse me.

1 Like

or… blame the dog

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.