BETA version 24.02 now available to test

That’s pretty slow. It is not so slow for me:

I had to make some changes in the “move” logic to fix some of the bugs. Maybe that caused it to be a little slower. I will look into it. But I do not know if I will make any changes for this release.

Well… ShareX was capturing my screen and 2 versions of Shotcut were running. And Chrome and most likely a few other programs.

I just retested with only Shotcut running and the nudging is a little faster now. Maybe one jump per second. Which is still pretty slow compared with the 24.01 version.

I noticed that in the BETA version, after I move a clip, it stays selected. In previous version, the clip is deselected after dragging it. Could the nudging problem be related to that? I hope not. I kind of like not having to reselect a clip after dragging it :slight_smile:

That is a correct observation. I did some profiling in the code that performs the move operation (including the code I changed to keep the selection). There are no major performance differences in that code from the previous version.

The most time consuming part of a move operation is loading a new frame to display in the preview. Part of that operation uses QT for image clips. Maybe the QT upgrade is related. I haven’t really found a root cause yet.

1 Like

I add the One Pass Normalize Filter to the entire audio track of my project.

The project is made of several video clips. I am using the filter with the default settings.

The filter produces a loud sound at the begining of each clip. Then the sound gradually comes back to normal at the end of the clip.

What is your version? This was supposed to be fixed in the beta version 24.02 that we are talking about in this thread.

The Shotcut version is 24.02.20.

I have installed this version today to correct the bug identified in the former version (24.01.28).

Unfortunatelly, it seems that I have identified a new bug with the One Pass Normalize Filter.

The description sounds the same as the bug reported, but I no longer reproduce it in this beta:

If you disable or remove the filter does the problem go away?

I am only 90% sure this started in the beta, but I noticed quite frequently that the properties tab is either getting blank or sometimes showing the old clip info even though I double clicked a new one.

For the blank panel I can consistently make it bug out by having the same exact clip (trimmed a bit, not sure if it matters) in both timeline and playlist, and then double clicking it in timeline then double clicking it in playlist. Sounds weird so here’s a quick record:

Update: actually it doesn’t work as consistently as I assumed, I tried it with another clip and can’t reproduce it. But with this one clip from the recording it always blanks out the properties panel after double clicking anything in the playlist.

Update 2: ok, so it happens with any of my .MTS clips in the timeline in the beta, in previous 24.01.28 this doesn’t happen at all even with the same exact project+clip.

I do not reproduce this in my testing. Can you confirm that the problem does not occur with 24.01.28?

Also, it would be good to know if you have checked the “Reset on discontinuity” checkbox.

I reproduced something similar to this. I will look into it.

The problem goes away if I uncheck the “Reset on discontinuity” checkbox. Now the filter works fine. Thank you!

The problem goes away if I unckeck the “Reset on discountinuty” checkbox. Now the filter works fine. Thank you very much for your help!

This is fixed for the release.

1 Like

Hi,

There’s an ongoing issue that has been happening since I remember (already posted at Mouse lag.
With G-Sync enabled there’s random cursor stuttering when over the program window.
Windows 11 / Latest 551.61 nvidia drivers & 4070 Ti

1. Colors are still altered when using Ut Video in Convert To Edit-friendly. However, the colors are accurate when using Ut Video from the Export preset list. The discrepancies in color can be seen in the linked images below.
    Original video
    Ut Video Converted To Edit-friendly

2. Apply the Elastic Scale filter then move the Linear Width parameter. Turn Preview Scaling on and you should see the video distorted. This issue appears to be specific to videos with resolutions above 1080p as I didn’t see it happen with 1080p videos. You can see the before and after in the images linked below. I used a 4K video but it also happened with a 1440p video.
    Original Video
    Video with Preview Scaling

3. Apply the Wave filter, bring the Amplitude parameter up, and then bring it back to 1. Check out the distortions with Preview Scaling on in the links below.
    Original Video
    Video with 360p Preview Scaling
    Video with 540p Preview Scaling

I don’t have this (G-Sync monitor) and don’t know how to fix that. Someone else can try to fix it.

I do not reproduce it. If you are converting HDR to SDR this is normal and expected.

Elastic Scale filter

fixed

Wave filter

fixed

I wasn’t using HDR video. In the same session I converted the video using the DNxHR option in Convert to Edit-friendly but the colors were accurate. So it wasn’t the video it’s with the Ut Video option. Experiment with several different clips and at different resolutions too. I used a 4K video for the screens above but there are also 1080p videos where this discrepancy happened with the Ut Video option.