Balance Audio Filter

If you are a trusted user you can edit this page to improve Shotcut’s documentation!

I created this short video as a visual and audio way to show the filter in action. My intention is to add other videos to show in action some of the different audio filters included in Shotcut.
This filter is very simple to understand and show visually, but others are more complicated. This is just a start.
The project was made entirely in Linux Ubuntu Studio. The analog audio meters are part of the audio plugins included in Ubuntu.

1 Like

That’s great news. Many of the audio filter are a complete mystery to me. Some I have a vague idea about what they are, but no clue about how to use them. So any bit of information about these will be welcome.

1 Like

Right now I’m in the middle of the bandpass audio filter project.
I found the technical explanation and description in several places, but not the practical application (for video projects), and that’s what I’m looking to do.
I have the idea, I have the elements, now I just need to show it in a simple and intuitive way to anyone. That’s the most complicated part.

2 Likes

Je pense que je vais apprécier, je n’ai jamais su l’utiliser de manière efficace.

I think I’ll like it, I never knew how to use it effectively.

1 Like

Ohhh, don’t expect a great explanation,
Just a very basic short video. But I hope it’s visually enlightening and above all, understandable for people (like me) without advanced audio knowledge.
Focused in the sense of “an example can be better than a thousand words”.
Then with that idea, anyone can experiment and find interesting applications where to implement this knowledge.

1 Like