Autoplay marker

I have Shotcut version 22.12.21. I have markers in my timeline. When I press < or > to go to the previous or next marker I would like Shotcut to automatically play the timeline. currently when I go to a marker the timeline pauses and I have to press play again.

Mac OS 10.15.7

IMHO the current way, is what make most sense, all other navigation like step 1 frame, 1, 2, 10 s does the same and what is expected for editing, for some kind of video player used to play content only a skip action, should keep playing on the new position, but the the prime focus of shotcut is it is an video editor.

open shot automatically plays when you go to a marker.

The timeline also pauses when I click in the timeline to tell the cursor to move to the clicked position. I would prefer that the timeline did not pause until I press pause.

Fine to have a personal preference, but most people will expect the current behavior for a video editor IMHO and you can’t design an application there fit every possible way a user want it to behave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.