Audio drop out every second or two after export

Hey everyone!

So I have a problem I’ve spent many hours trying to solve. I tried searching the internet and specifically this forum with no avail. I also did a lot of experimenting with settings. That being said I’m relatively new to the whole video editing thing. I have done maybe 10 videos. This has been a consistent problem for me across all videos.

I recorded my clips 1080p @60fps, which I intended to compile into a video for YouTube. All of the clips look great when I view them individually on my PC. But once I edit them and then export from Shotcut there is always an audio drop out every second or 2. It’s almost a tick with certain settings rather then a drop out. The video is always smooth (but could be better).

I assume this is an export setting problem. But like I said I spent many hours researching the right settings and tried a ton of setting combinations. I am at a loss. What would cause a rhythmic drop out every second or 2?

I have tried a ton of export settings. but it does this even when using the unchanged YouTube export preset.

Version 20.02.17

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

PC:
HP Spectre x360
Intel i7-8705G 3.1GHz
AMD Radeon RX Vega M
16gb DDR4 RAM
512 SSD

Thanks!
Will

You might experience something like this if your source files use a variable frame rate.

Can you post the properties of your file here.

Also, as an experiment, try the suggestion from here:

I had a suspicion my problem was related to variable frame rate. I’m not a pro so I just video with my phone, a Samsung Note 10. It does produce videos with a variable frame rate.

Shotcut always recommends that I convert the video before editing and I always select yes. It’s the simple things that always get me… even though I was allowing Shotcut to convert the clips for me I stupidly assumed that they were automatically opened in lieu of the variable frame original clip. But it seems that’s not the case. I went back and checked and I was using the original variable frame file! I never checked that! What a silly mistake on my part! haha I can’t believe how much time I wasted!

Anyway using the converted file and exporting with the recommended frame rate 59.9xxx the video exports perfectly!

Thanks for the help Brian! My video is already on YouTube!

It does in the new version 20.04.12

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.