Just for the fun of it I made this short animated video title. Crop: Rectangle filter on 4 video tracks with lots of keyframing! Developed my keyframing skills enormously!!
(Note - Shcok, Horror - NO HTML used in this project!! LOL!!)
Keyframing with 4 tracks of actual video clips was very stuttery, so I:
- Imported 4 colour clips (black, red, green and blue).
- Exported each one separately as a 20-second mp4.
- Used @KKnBB 's proxy tool to convert them (360p -“buttery smooth”)!
- Imported into new instance of Shotcut on 4 tracks (black background on V1, red V2, blue V3, green v4).
- Applied a Crop:Rectangle filter to V2-V4. Set background colour to transparent.
- Keyframed like crazy!! (Quite a bit of maths used for the precise positioning…)
- Added the text.
8. Imported 3 video clips of London further down the timeline, placing a black background on V1 and the 3 clips on V2-4.
9. Copied and pasted the filters across from the colour clips.
10. Copied and pasted the text.
11. “Timeline to Source” then select just the video section.
12. Exported the result.
Then the easy bit: Closed and opened SC.
Re-imported the London animation. Added audio. Added extra clips at the end. Added standard transitions (Crop Circle and Dissolve).