Charlie's Angel style clip slider

That’s really nice @Andy_M. Brings back memories.
And for those who are too young to know about the original Charlie’s Angels, here’s what Andy is referring to:

There is another one of those clip sliders at around 20:45

2 Likes

The 70’s were awful for tv! :rofl::joy: @MusicalBox thanks for giving my post some context.

1 Like

Awful @Andy_M ?
Kojak, Mannix, Hawaii 5-0, Mission Impossible, Columbo, Cosmos 1999, The Odd Couple, The Six Million Dollar Man, Happy Days, Little House on the Prairie, Barney Miller, Night Court, Starsky and Hutch, Quincy, Three’s Company, CHiPS, Fantasy Island, Dallas, Taxi, Mork and Mindy, Battlestar Galactica, WKRP in Cincinnati, The Dukes of Hazzard…

I say the 70’s were not that bad. :slight_smile:
We got cable at hour house in the middle of the 70’s. That’s when I started watching shows coming from the U.S.A in their original language. And those shows thought me to understand English at a pretty young age.

I suppose at the time they were not that bad but looking back now they seem awful. Although I was a massive fan of CHiPS and Mork and Mindy. Buck Rogers was another one I remember well as a kid along with being forced to watch The Love Boat by my older sister :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The shows that look pretty bad to me when I see them now are those puppet series
like Thunderbirds, Supercar, Joe 90 and Captain Scarlet. But since we didn’t know better, they looked cool then

I remember that series. Some time ago I recreated in a rudimentary way (by ear and without musical knowledge) the bass arrangement of the show’s theme tune.

I didn’t use sheet music. I’m not a musician but I try to learn little by little and have fun.

4 Likes

@ejmillan Wow! I would disagree - anyone who can do that (by ear or otherwise) is truly a musician! Great, love it :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

@MusicalBox, good lord, did you ever go outside in the 70’s? !! :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl:

HAHAHA of course @jonray. All the time.
But these shows were not all at the same period they are spread over the 70’s.
And I live in Canada. Winter evenings in Canada are freaking cold. :grin:

3 Likes

That is really flattering. Thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I started playing Rocksmith 2014 to take my mind off the pain and at the same time strengthen my right arm after a reconstruction operation and fitting of a prosthetic shoulder.
I thought the finger movement of the right hand would do some benefit to the muscles affected by the injury. It really was a key factor in my recovery.
I then learned to draw some simple arrangements to transfer to the game. I made a few custom DLCs for use in the Rocksmith game.
Nowadays I gave up playing Rocksmith for a while. I started a distance learning bass course, reading sheet music, and learning new things. :smiley:

1 Like

I love Kojak’s soundtrack with the great bassist Carol Kaye.
I charted Space:1999 (bass arrangement) by ear (it’s on my channel). Most of the time I can’t find sheet music for the music I want to play (especially for bass). Then I watch cover videos on YT and use my ear and a lot of patience to make something similar that doesn’t sound terrible.
The music from Starsky & Hutch was great too.
And then I noticed you forgot to include S.W.A.T. (also from the '70s). I seem to have a tendency to go back to that era with my mind too.

Watching this video again, I think I should do a new recording and editing, adding the album cover.

Looks like I’ve started a trip down memory lane…great playing @ejmillan

1 Like

Indeed! Reminds me of this thread I started a year ago. Might be interesting for some who weren’t on this forum then. BTW this was before proxy editing was built-in to SC. I used a utility which was devised by a forum member but it’s not needed now.

1 Like

Very good @jonray. I liked the two different planes the boxes moved at the beginning. Very impressive.

1 Like

Thank you! I remember it took a lot of maths to work out the exact keyframe positions, to get the borders exact. I worked it all out roughly on the back of an envelope … it looked something like this:

… then I inputted the values manually into the Crop filter fields…

2 Likes

Heureusement que vous n’avez pas eu besoin d’utiliser le filtre Mask: Simple dont les unités sont en % :joy:

Fortunately you didn’t need to use the Mask: Simple filter whose units are in %. :joy:

4 Likes

Definition from the dictionary:

“The back of a fag packet (or envelope)” = composed or performed quickly and without detailed analysis or research

That doesn’t sound like you, so I take it you literally (not figuratively) used the back of an envelope.

1 Like

I think it was, actually originally the back of an envelope - either that or a tax return :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.