Animated text template #1 (for 1920x1080 projects)

Click on the link bellow to download the ZIP file containing a PDF instruction booklet and templates to use in 25fps and 30fps projects.

About this PDF. It’s 7 pages long. That may seem a bit too much for instructions on how to use a simple template. For experimented users maybe. You guys probably won’t need it.
But I think everything I included in it is important for the beginners.

Download link: MBtitles01

Thanks a lot to @Namna for helping find and correct bugs and errors in the template.
Mille mercis à Namna pour avoir aidé à découvrir et corriger les bugs et erreurs.
:+1: :+1:

11 Likes

Merci @Musicalbox c’est un petit fichier en taille mais d’une grande utilité que je vais conserver dans mes modèles.
Je vois aussi que le nom de ce fichier est MBtitles01, il est donc prévu une suite (02, 03 …) ?
Juste pour information, sur 20.09 le filtre ‘Mask: Apply’ n’a aucune incidence. Qu’il soit coché ou pas l’animation fonctionne très bien.

Thanks @Musicalbox it’s a small file in size but of great use that I will keep in my templates.
I also see that the name of this file is MBtitles01, so is there a sequel (02, 03 …) ?
Just for information, on 20.09 the ‘Mask: Apply’ filter has no effect. Whether it is checked or not the animation works fine.

1 Like

Disons que c’est une porte ouverte pour d’autres animations du même genre. Peut-être
Let’s just say it’s a door left opened for other similar templates. Maybe

Je m’en rend compte aussi maintenant. C’est plutôt embarrassant :smiley: et complétement inutile en effet. Merci de le signaler. Quand j’ai commencé à créer cette animation, tout allait de travers, je n’arrivais pas à faire fonctionner le masque comme je le voulais, j’essayais avec et sans Mask: Apply finalement avec cette combinaison ça s’est mit à fonctionner. Alors je l’ai laissé là sans y repenser. Puis j’ai dû mettre tout ça de côté pour quelques jours et ça m’est complétement sorti de la tête.

I see that now. That’s embarrassing ! And totally useless indeed. :smiley: Thanks for pointing it out. When I started with this animation, nothing was going as I wanted. For some reasons I couldn’t make the mask work like it should. So I tried all kinds of configurations with and without Mask: Apply and suddenly it started to work. So I let it as it was, then I had to put it aside for a few days and completely forgot about this mask mystery.

C’est corrigé. Merci encore @Namna. Si vous constatez que j’ai fais d’autres bêtises dans ce genre, n’hésitez pas à les signaler :slight_smile:

Fixed. Thanks again Namna !

Il y a aussi à mon avis une précision importante qui manque dans le fichier pdf à savoir que la taille du mode vidéo du projet doit être de 1920x1080.
En important ce fichier mlt dans un projet d’une taille différente, les clips déjà présents sont re-dimensionnés.
Je me suis créé plusieurs modèles en fonction des tailles de projet que j’ai l’habitude d’utiliser.

There is also in my opinion an important precision that is missing in the pdf file, namely that the size of the video mode of the project must be 1920x1080.
By importing this mlt file into a project of a different size, the clips already present are resized.
I created several templates for myself according to the project sizes I usually use.

1 Like

Fixed.
Corrigé. Merci !

1 Like

@MusicalBox Thank you so so much for the explanation on the PDF file attached.
This is the only resource of shotcut which is so very well explained.
Thank you.

Edit :
BTW @MusicalBox I have one doubt on the resource. Not with the mlt file, but video that is linked along.
At the time limit of 0:30 sec to 0:38 sec how did you make the caption to seem like emerging from the back of the ocean.
I wish you could make a small video explanation clip for the above mentioned clarification.
Thank you.

1 Like

Je suis désolé @MusicalBox je ne fais pas cela pour vous embêter, mais la dernière version téléchargée ne fonctionne pas, le réglage du mode de fusion de la piste V1 est sur “Aucun” alors qu’il devrait-être sur “superposition”

I’m sorry @MusicalBox I’m not doing this to bother you, but the last version you uploaded doesn’t work, the V1 track merge mode setting is on “None” when it should be on “overlay”.

@Speeding_Snail Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it.

Well, first of all, let me ask you this “Did you give a like to the the video, and maybe yes, subscribed ?” :wink:

To answer your question and wipe out any doubts you may have, it was done with the same template as the other parts of the video.
In fact the answer is written in the sky “Be creative” and there is a hint also in the PDF. “If you don’t want the middle line or one of the line of text to be visible, just set the alpha parameter of the color to zero.”

I simply made the middle line and the text bellow the line invisible by setting their alpha levels to zero, then applied a SP&R filter to the MLT clip to make the text rise just on the horizon level.

1 Like

You mean the track with the dark green clip ? After you’re done editing the texts you’re supposed to delete this track, then Save as… the MLT file.

Vous voulez dire la piste avec le clip vert foncé ?
Lorsque vous avez terminé de modifier les textes, vous devez supprimer cette piste (et le clip) et ensuite Enregistrer sous… votre animation mofifiée.
…et en passant vous ne m’embêtez pas, vous m’aider à trouver et corriger les erreurs :slight_smile:

Non, autant pour moi, je me suis trompé, c’est la piste V2, mais elle est nommée “V1”

No, I was wrong, it’s the V2 track, but it’s name is “V1”

Deux pistes V1 ? Comment est-possible ? J’ai la même chose ici.

Two V1 tracks ? How is that possible ? I see that to now in the downloaded file.

See

1 Like

Ok… I’ll try this one more time: Fixed!

Bon, alors nouvel essai : Corrigé !
Heureusement que vous étiez là ce matin Namna :smiley:

1 Like

Oui, c’est corrigé, fonctionne très bien.
Merci encore

Yes, it is fixed, works very well.
Thanks again for your help :grinning:

1 Like

Ohh ok thank you so much @MusicalBox

And yes now you have 12 subs. I liked the video too.
I hope this is just a minor contribution I could do in the payback of the great help you did.
Thank you.

I was only teasing you @Speeding_Snail :wink:
But thanks for the sub!

1 Like

LOL I know.
But this is the kindest help I could do for your contribution.

And if you wish you can visit my channel page too:

Excellent idea including an instructional PDF. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

The PDF was the hardest part :grin:
Thanks for the comment @Hudson555x

1 Like