"Zoom timeline to fit" misses to scroll back

The operation “zoom timeline to fit” zooms back but the left end is not matching! There remains a scroll and the beginning is hidden. (This seems to be a potential trap when attempting to stack tracks left-justified at the start point and rely on the operation. I guess that the operation should leave the timeline with zero scroll position). It ocurred with a timeline clip of 5 minutes length, without the options “scroll to playhead on zoom” and “centre the playhead”.
Related post: Requesting a full timeline zoom out button

1 Like

I had noticed that. :frowning_face: For my workflow, it is only a minor annoyance; I can imagine how it might trip-up a newbie, or be a major pain for others with a different workflow.

@Namna, do you think you can pass along your fix for this to Dan? Maybe he can include it in the upcoming 21.02 version.

1 Like

Oh, ma modification est très simple, mais elle concerne la V20-09. Je ne sais pas comment cela se passe dans la nouvelle version.
La commande du bouton d’origine
Code
La commande après modification.
Code

Oh, my modification is very simple, but it concerns the V20-09. I don’t know how it works in the new version.
The original button command

onTriggered: root.zoomToFit()

The command after modification.

onTriggered: {
            root.zoomToFit()
        	scrollView.flickableItem.contentX = 0
        }
2 Likes

@shotcut, can @Namna’s fix be passed on to the new version of Shotcut?

1 Like

This change was made for the next version 21.02

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.