Zoom in the certain part of video

Hello. Can’t find information, about how can I zoom in the certain part of video?
Using Size, Position and Rotate filter make me able to zoom in the center only.

Using Crop filter do not change center point for scale.

for example, like here at 18 second resize Tab Sound:
https://csfirst.withgoogle.com/c/cs-first/en/art/introduction-and-discovery/extensions/boombox.html

Thank’s

What version number of Shotcut do you have?

On the latest version everytime you pick the Size, Position and Rotate filter a help dialog box appears under the player letting you know how can have more control of the rectangle box:

So when you are zooming in make sure you use the instructions above in order to move anywhere you want.

Version 20.10.31
This instructions say nothing about zoom certain part of video.
How can I zoom in like in video?

for example, like here at 18 second resize Tab Sound:
https://csfirst.withgoogle.com/c/cs-first/en/art/introduction-and-discovery/extensions/boombox.html

You need to use the Position part of Size, Position & Rotate. When the filter is active and the playhead is over the clip with the filter, there is a circle in the middle of the video. Click, hold and drag it to change the position. From there you need to use Keyframes to animate the zoom-in. I suggest watching some tutorials to learn about that.

Update:

Oh, I just watched that video, and I was assuming a different meaning for the question. What you ask per the video is not easy. One way is to:

1. copy the clip to a video track above
  2. with the copied clip selected, trim to just the time where you want to zoom in
  3. add Crop: Rectangle and set its Padding color transparent, adjust to the highlight area
  4. add Size, Position & Rotate to change the size
  5. use Keyframes to animate the size

And the above does not add the darkening of the background video while highlighting. This is not going to be easy if you want to highlight every click in a screen recording. I suggest you find some other way to highlight perhaps by using an image of a color circle with transparent background on a track above and using the Size, Position, and Rotate filter to place it.

I think most people use a feature of their screen recording software or a system add-on to highlight things while recording.

I’he already try this, but when add Size, Position & Rotate to change the size it moves the part i need from crop center.
Any way to move a circle in the middle of the video?

Je ne sais pas si cela peut aider, c’est peut-être votre cas.
Lorsque le clip n’a pas le même ratio que le projet, l’utilisation du filtre Taille, Position & Rotation après le filtre Recadrer ne fonctionne pas sans déformer l’image (C’est un bug connu).
Dans ce cas, il faut placer le filtre Taille, Position & Rotation avant.

I don’t know if this will help, maybe you do.
When the clip does not have the same ratio as the project, using the Size, Position & Rotation filter after the Crop filter does not work without distorting the image (This is a known bug).
In this case, the Size, Position & Rotation filter must be placed before the Crop filter.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.