Yet another black screen help request

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Shotcut version 21.01.29

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I am asking for help with why my video keeps exporting but when you open the file, it’s a black screen with just audio. I’ve tried some of the other steps on some of the posts here. Nothing worked. So far I have tried:

• Turning off hardware encoder.
  • Didn’t change video codec quality to 100%.
  • Didn’t change anything in Export > Advanced.
  • Open the exported video in Shotcut and see if it shows the video.
    (All this does is open it with audio and a blank white screen.)
  • With the exported video opened in Shotcut, show a screenshot of the Properties panel.

!
This is the screen that I get when I open the file in Shotcut.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 012944|570x500
This is a screenshot of I guess the properties tab and the export log for the file I’m trying to get working.

I would love any help, or any extra steps I can take to try and resolve this problem. I know this is a common problem and I hope that I’m just overlooking something simple y’all can help me with. Anyways, again helps appreciated.

It looks as if you had no video imported in SC. The first Track V2 is empty in your Screenshot and V1 just looks like audio. Did you separate video and audio tracks? Please make a screenshot from where you exported your video.
What is your orig. footage codec/resolution/framerate and where does it come from?

The screenshot of the job log shows an incomplete export. When it ends successfully it looks like: “Completed successfully in 00:00:06” where the actual time will vary. Did you wait for the export job to end and report success? You cannot preview the export while it is still exporting.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.