X265 & nvidia265 export failure

Hi,

I’ve basically had this problem since July, the last version that works for me is the June 2019 build, after that, I keep getting this problem. I’m trying to export a 4k video using the hevc_nvenc codec- the job’s progress jumps to 25% instantly, then freezes and nothing happens. No matter what I change, parallel processing, hardware encoder or not, fixed GOP frames and even using libx265 instead of the nvenc codec, none of it makes a difference… I have to re-install the June build and use that, whihc works fine by the way.

Example log from the job:

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/AUTHORS’: “C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\AUTHORS”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/COPYING’: “C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\COPYING”: The specified module could not be found.

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/readme.txt’: “C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\readme.txt”:

[hevc_nvenc @ 00000000054ce140] Loaded Nvenc version 8.1

[hevc_nvenc @ 00000000054ce140] Nvenc initialized successfully

[hevc_nvenc @ 00000000054ce140] 1 CUDA capable devices found

[hevc_nvenc @ 00000000054ce140] [ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design > has Compute SM 6.1 ]

[hevc_nvenc @ 00000000054ce140] supports NVENC

[hevc_nvenc @ 00000000054ce140] Strict GOP target enabled.

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 000000000992cc00] Value 1.000000 for parameter ‘seekable’ out of range [-1 - 0]

[h264 @ 000000000993e300] Reinit context to 3840x2160, pix_fmt: yuv420p

[h264 @ 0000000009933440] Reinit context to 3840x2160, pix_fmt: yuv420p

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 000000000994c540] Value 1.000000 for parameter ‘seekable’ out of range [-1 - 0]

[h264 @ 000000002ce62180] Reinit context to 3840x2160, pix_fmt: yuv420p

[producer avformat] audio: total_streams 1 max_stream 1 total_channels 2 max_channels 2

[AVIOContext @ 0000000009929280] Statistics: 131334 bytes read, 0 seeks

[wav @ 000000002cf4bc40] Value 1.000000 for parameter ‘seekable’ out of range [-1 - 0]

[wav @ 000000002cf4bc40] parser not found for codec pcm_f32le, packets or times may be invalid.

[wav @ 000000002cf4bc40] parser not found for codec pcm_f32le, packets or times may be invalid.

[wav @ 000000002cd934c0] parser not found for codec pcm_f32le, packets or times may be invalid.

[wav @ 000000002cd934c0] parser not found for codec pcm_f32le, packets or times may be invalid.

[producer avformat] audio: total_streams 1 max_stream 0 total_channels 1 max_channels 1

[AVIOContext @ 000000002ce649c0] Statistics: 229376 bytes read, 1 seeks

Stopped by user at 00:00:08

I’m using Win10 Pro x64, core i7 8th gen, 16gb ram, gtx1060 etc. Hope someone can help, tried searching for this issue but found nothing so started a new topic :slight_smile:

what version of shotcut are you using? have you tried a clean install some of that looks like shotcut can’t find filters you’ve used.(or is june build referering to shotcut, in that case have you tried the portable install?)

Do some simple tests to determine if the problem is specific to a certain project, all existing projects, or even with a single clip in new project.

Hi all, thanks for the replies, just to clarify, this bug occurs in all instances, all projects when I try to export in 4K using all releases of Shotcut after June 2109 (the last build that works fine). I tried various codecs, hevc_nvenc, libx265, nvenc_h264, libx264, the Intel codecs etc… nothing worked, when I changed output to 1080p, they worked. Just booted up my Ubuntu partition and tried in in the Sep build of Shotcut and hevc_nvenc codec exports without any issues in 4K, so I must assume it’s a Windows build issue. The only thing I haven’t done is install the latest FFmpeg builds, just downloaded 4.2.1 for x64 Win and I’ll install those to see if it makes any difference.

OK, I ran the 3 batch/executables that come in the ffmpeg zip file, fired up the 19.10 build of Shotcut and opened a project that I know wouldn’t previously export in Nvidia265 etc. and voila… it ran fine. I suspected that codecs might be the issue when the Linux version seemed OK… Shotcut is a generally very reliable bit of software and bugs are ironed out quickly by the next build, often before so it seemed unlikely to me there was a 4 month old major bug that had been missed… I wondered what the obvious differences were between them and one that came to mind would be that the codecs are updated automatically in Linux, as far as I know but obviously Ffmpeg doesn’t auto update in Windows and I knew that it’s been a while since I did update mine, and it seems reasonable to assume that Shotcut is periodically reconfigured to work with the latest codecs available etc. I’ll keep an eye on it and report back further with any issues, or lack of them etc.

The problem has returned, so as a work around I’m editing in the Windows version, then when I’m ready to encode, I’m rebooting into Linux and then using the Linux build of Shotcut to encode with the settings I want without any problems (HEVC265/Nvenc/4k30p).