Will my computer be able to run this app smothly

my computer has a 3.50 GHz proseser and 3.44 GB of RAM will it be able to run the software smoothly.

What are the minimum system requirements?
Operating system: 64-bit Windows 7 - 10, Apple OS X 10.8 - 10.10, or 64-bit Linux with at least glibc 2.13.

CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 2 cores for HD, and 4 cores for 4K.

GPU: OpenGL 2.0 that works correctly and is compatible. On Windows, you can also use a card with good, compatible DirectX 9 or 11 drivers. We do not have a list.

RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.

Hard drive: yes, get one; the bigger, the better :slight_smile:

https://www.shotcut.org/FAQ/#what-are-the-minimum-system-requirements

my computer says 4gb but 3.44gb usable will that make a diference

will a 340gb hard dive be :slight_smile:good

The storage is enought. there is alert if you’re under 50 GB
But it’s more about RAM. 6Gb for HD video file is a minimum to use the functions of shotcut (some filters requires more not to have lags…)
The best way to know is to try.

Boot your system from a Linux live CD/USB and you’ll know the answer in ten minutes as to whether your hardware is sufficient or not – and without having to install anything to your hard drive at all. I produce HD videos this way all the time and I only have 4 gbytes of memory on my laptop. Just save your project onto a USB stick… The only problem I’ve encountered with doing this is that the software won’t allow me to render directly to my USB stick for some reason (even though it reads from it just fine and I’m able to save files to it in the file manager). Thus far, I’ve always rendered to the “desktop” folder and then just copied or moved the file to my USB.