Why is SC shifting clips

No matter how often I arrange my clips very carefully, they are moved by hafl a second or second against each other in a 6 video track project.

So my whole arrangement is screwed up and can realign they whole thing over and over again.

No progress visible, even after Save as or “Repair” which is suggested whenever I open the mlt file.

Best

Have you tried disabling ‘snapping’? (Magnet icon on the track toolbar)

No I havent, will do

Doesn’t happen for me, but here’s a thought - is “Ripple All Tracks” on, and do you use “X” (Ripple Delete)? I was thinking, if you “ripple deleted” a clip on one track it would shift clips on all tracks. Just a thought…
Jon

I’m curious - what kind of project requires 6 video tracks?

-=Ken=-

Hi Ken,

I would not say “require” but for the moment I find it convenient (but condensed it to two track, for “de-bugging” reasons). here is what I do: I was interviewing several people, asking same question in a nature conservation site.

Now I want to have the answers of the 4 people in separate tracks, so I can arrange them more easily and see who is saying what. Each person a track. Then there are overly photos and movies, nature shots, basically, thats another two. An I had one reserved for titles and subtitles. So I guess its 7 tracks, maybe another audio track??

Ok, I see its a generous usage, but for arrangements and keeping track of each person, movies its quite useful.

Best

ok, lemme try this week.

[quote=“Fabian, post:6, topic:2559”]
Now I want to have the answers of the 4 people in separate tracks, so I can arrange them more easily and see who is saying what. Each person a track. Then there are overly photos and movies, nature shots, basically, thats another two. An I had one reserved for titles and subtitles. So I guess its 7 tracks, maybe another audio track??
[/quote] Oh, I see. Well, it would be nice if things didn’t move around on you - yes.

Hello, so switching of the snapping ie Magnet did work, as it appears

What I also found that changing the language of ShotCut does screw up the positions of the clips too. I was working under German, than tried English (which appears to work smoother) and then back to German again. In the lsat step the clips where moved in their respective track.

I have no clue or understanding why the language change should do that?? It appears that SC is for English only- Computers and Users.

Best F