Why does the wheels creates the illusion of moving backwards?

Not a big hit, a guy who eats a lot of pies a day would surely afford this, I always buy 10 packs as backup on a day. They cost more than 10$ together, so not a big problem when I get them, I would not buy the backups on that day.

I thought I was going to quebec, to reveal @MusicalBox pretty face and get the wagon wheel. Anyways, wagon wheels are off feom the list, because I ordered them, but face reveal would be done in the may, maybe I could gwt a failure, but I will try it.

They are more expensive than it shows to you.

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: I still fondly remember this effect from watching old ā€˜wild-westā€™ movies featuring wagons and carts: the wheels turn forward, then slow down to a stand-still, then speed up and slow down in reverse, until the whole process starts anew. Here is what happens:
Assuming a car with six-spoke aluminium wheels and tyre circumference of 1 m. At a slow walking speed of 1 m/s, the wheel completes 1 turn per second. At a filming frame rate of 30 frames/second, the wheel will have completed 1/30th of a turn between one frame and the next. This is less than the 1/6th turn required for spoke A to reach position B. The wheel correctly seems to turn forward. When the wheel turns fast enough for A to get to B from one frame to the next, the spokes would seem to stand still ā€“ A would be at B, but would seem to have stood still if A and B are indistinguishable. The speed for completing 1/6th turn is 5 times the speed for 1/30th turn: 5 m/s, or 18 km/h, or about the speed at which a fit male could run away from a lion chasing him. So, from 0 to 18 km/h the wheel would turn forward. At a faster speed, between 18 and 36 km/h, the wheel will seem to turn backward. This is because A would have moved somewhat past B, but since we are confusing A and B, A would seem to have moved backward from its previous position. Hope this helps to ā€˜designā€™ your movie so that the car moves at a speed where the wheels seem to turn forward.
cartwheel

1 Like

He wouldnā€™t get very far. Lions can run at 80 km/h over short distances, even Usain Bolt can only run at just under 45 km/h.

For those on this forum unfortunate enough to be stalked by a lion DO NOT RUN AWAY. Most attacks are mock attacks, but running wiill turn you into prey in the eyes of the lion. Rory Young, a Safari Guide, has this advice:

If you see stalking indications then raise your arms above your head and wave them and most importantly SHOUT YOUR HEAD OFF. If you have something in your hand then throw it at the lion. Even if the lion charges you do not run. Believe me this can be extremely intimidating. They charge at 80 km per hour and the roaring is deafening. If you have frozen and then lion is not approaching but not leaving either then start to back slowly away. If it starts to move then freeze immediately. If you have frozen and then lion is not approaching but not leaving either then start to back slowly away. If it starts to move then freeze immediately.

1 Like

:sunglasses:Ja well, no fine, movie-making is an imagination-rich task.

As you can see from the green-screen tutorial video I made last year, the best thing to do when threatened by lions is to stand still, turn your back to them and phone your hair-stylist for an appointment.

1 Like

Hey, thatā€™s great - you must have read my mind, because Iā€™ve been considering to try my hand at some green-screen wizardry. Now, if I can just take a break from learning Python programming to catch a real python ā€¦

Wow, thatā€™s impressiive - the reticulated python is the longest snake in the world. The longest one ever recorded was found in 1912 and measured in at a staggering 10 metres, thatā€™s taller than my villa. I think Iā€™d emulate Usaine Bolt if I ever came across one of those.

Pythons can also run at 80 km/h
:roll_eyes: :laughing:

Iā€™m talking about mounty pythons of course

Donā€™t talk about them here, if they even cross in front of me I just feel dizzy, I even have ophidiophobia.

Look at what I found today at the dollar store :open_mouth:

https://streamable.com/ryy2yu

2 Likes

You found them!!! Ta-DA! Good for you! :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.