Why does shotcut crash

Windows

20.11.28 - 64 Bit PC

If i do anything complex like click on the open media button and click on another folder or search something in the folder by name or scroll in it, it will crash or not response. Also if i cange the time to very very slow at just 60 fps it should give a one frame picture how i want to make it, but it crash and all work does not save.

First, this bug report isn’t useful to anyone because it’s not specific at all. The forum gave you questions to answer in order to fill out a bug report. Please answer those questions and if you can’t then you don’t have a bug to report.

Second, your Shotcut version is from last year. Click on the link up top on this page that says Download and download the latest version. Try that version out and see if you have still have any issues with it. If you do then try to figure how to repeat the steps to one specific issue then answer the questions given to you when you are trying to post a bug report.

Third, click on the link on top that says FAQ and read the first question which is about minimum system requirements. If you are at the minimum then follow the suggestions given to you in that section.

1 Like

Shotcut does not work on every computer. We cannot tell you exactly why it does not work for you. See Shotcut - Frequently Asked Questions and Display Method