Which software is best for typography?

Hi,
I make videos related to 3d animation, logo animation, whiteboard animation and give whiteboard animation services now I want to learn typography but I don’t know which software is best for this.Can anyone guide me which software is best for typography?

As per Google, these are the best software for typography:-

Annotation 2021-06-17 181014

FontForge

FontForge is a FOSS font editor which supports many common font formats. Developed primarily by George Williams until 2012, FontForge is free software and is distributed under a mix of the GNU General Public License Version 3 and the 3-clause BSD license.

Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics editor and design program developed and marketed by Adobe Inc. Originally designed for the Apple Macintosh, development of Adobe Illustrator began in 1985. Along with Creative Cloud, Illustrator CC was released.

Fontographer

Fontographer is a font editor for Windows and OS X; it is used to create digital fonts. It was originally developed by Altsys but is now owned by FontLab Ltd.

Adobe Indesign

Adobe InDesign is a desktop publishing and typesetting software application produced by Adobe Inc… It can be used to create works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books and ebooks.

iFontMaker

iFontMaker is the world’s first font editor designed for iPad. You can create your “handmade” typeface in less than 5 minutes¹ just with your fingers. Your fonts are then ready to install on your computers and also on your iPad & iPhone for any apps. If you have web sites, embed them as royalty free (of course!) web fonts². Stop looking for fonts and start making ones with iFontMaker today.

Learnt from a person known as @MusicalBox in this forum :grin:.

Not sure which is best, but going along with free and open source, Synfig looks a lot like what the link you posted.

I’ve also seen tutorial videos for Pencil2D which look similar.

Playlist how to get started with Pencil2D

Also might want to check out Sozi
firefox_2021-06-17_07-36-47

https://sozi.baierouge.fr/
And here is a playlist of how to get started with Sozi.

Edit: I must have been too quick responding as OP had changed the post:
This is what I am responding to:
firefox_2021-06-17_07-56-34

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Glad! it helped you :grinning:.

You might want to try Natron

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.