When I move the mouse pointer to that part of the timeline and click, Shotcut moves very fast and way past the point I’m trying to get to

Recently I am having a problem, but don’t know the terminology, so bear with me.
When I am in Playlist mode, and try to move the cursor on the timeline, say I want to go backward or forward to a certain point.
When I move the mouse pointer to that part of the timeline and click, Shotcut moves very fast and way past the point I’m trying to get to. It will not stop where I want, always just random jumps very far on the timeline.
Similarly, when i try to drag the vertical line across the timeline, it moves very fast, and I cannot get it to stop where I need it to. If I try a fade in or fade out, it does the same. Anyone know if maybe I changed a setting or something inadvertently? Can anyone help?

1 Like

Try right-clicking inside the timeline and settting/unsetting the option: Centre The Playhead (Ctrl+Shift+P).

2 Likes

Thanks very much. That did the trick!

You must have hit Ctrl+Shift+P by mistake at some time and this set the option Centre The Playhead. It’s easily done. Glad I was able to help.

1 Like

I knew I had done something, but could not figure it out. That sounds right to me. Once again, thanks. I struggled with it for a month or so, and I vlog Youtube quite a bit.
Back on track now. Appreciated.

There’s usually no need to struggle so long. Just ask a question on the forum and you’ll find that there’s usually someone who’s had the problem before and fixed it, or someone who can make some suggestions to fix or workaround the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.