What is the best way to rotate footage 180 degrees?

I often shoot overhead on a table top, but the footage is upside down. I rotate it in editing by applying the 2 filters: “flip” and “mirror”. I find that using the “Size, Position, and Rotate” filter to do the same thing seems more resource intensive. Is it correct to use the flip+mirror for this use case?

Go to the video Properties.
Change “Rotation”.
shotcut_2022-08-12_23-03-00

This feature was recently added to Shocut, so make sure you have the latest version, which at this time is 22.06.23.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I didn’t know about this new feature, and indeed it is available! Much easier and less impact on scrubbing too. Thanks!

2 Likes

Just wanted to follow up. Although I love that this feature was added to latest version of shotcut, I could not make use of it in my last project. I had a project with with 21 clips in 4k60 uhd ProRes and although it worked for the 1st clip, whenever I applied the 180-degree rotation on the 2nd or subsequent clips, shotcut would crash. i resorted to using the mirror+flip filters again and that worked without crashing.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.