What is best way improve the video processing?

Many thanks for putting together shotcut. I’ve absolutely loved it however I have an observation hence request for opinion from experts on the forum.

Summary of details from attached snapshot:

Hardware: Lenovo Laptop (CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS Creator Edition, 3201 Mhz 8 cores, GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 Laptop GNU)
Software: Windows-11 ; Shotcut version 22.12.21
Length of Video: about one hours
Video Quality (input/output): 4K, 60 frames/second, bitrate 60M
Filters: White Balance, Brightness, 2 rich text, Gain/Vol,

Key observations are:
1: CPU is mostly sitting around 20-30% utilization
2: GPU is mostly around 18-24% utilization
3: RAM is around 10-11GB which is about 40% of max

There are plenty of compute resources that are sitting idle and expecting time to complete this job is around 9-10 hours. So my request for information on following points from experts on this forum

Are above observations on under utilization expected from shotcut? or maybe I am missing something. My naive intuition is that because more resource in hardware available and free as well then shotcut should be able to complete the job sooner

I have already ticked the option of use hardware encoder and use parallel processing.

Many thanks for your help and support

That is probably as good as it gets. For an explanation read the FAQ from here onwards:

Probably. 20% CPU does seem a little lower than I usually see on a similar system. But there are so many factors. There could be some hidden hardware bottleneck. For example, if for some reason the graphics card PCIe did not link up at full speed. But that is unlikely and hard to guess/debug in a forum.

This is why I always tell people to prioritize CPU speed over core count when shopping for a PC to use with Shotcut.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.