What bit rate should i use?

Hello
Peace be upon you all
Im shalshka,and i want to ask to all of you professional,what bit rate is suitable for shotcut?
im recording my gameplay video using shadow play

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en&post_id=751&topic_id=239

Use these as a baseline.

I’m not a professional but I’m going to attempt an answer anyway.

Shotcut can handle all sorts of bitrates. The bitrate that you want depends on what you’re going to do with your gameplay footage.

According to the information on the page MrCorleone suggested (YouTube’s guidelines) the bitrate depends on the resolution and framerate. (note that audio bitrate is a separate thing.)
Your decision will probably depend on what your hardware is capable of. YouTube will automatically convert whatever you upload to lower resolutions, so whatever you decide to go with will be the largest resolution your viewers will have access to.

For example:
If you have a superpowered rig: capture 2160p, 60fps, and 85Mbps
If you have a more modest setup: 1080p, 30fps, and 8Mbps

You’ll also want to pay attention to what settings you use when you export from Shotcut, as it’s easy to export in a way that is unnecessarily large and/or low quality.

Do a test run. Capture a short session at specs that you think will be good, edit, export, and upload to YouTube (if that’s your goal) as a private video. If you don’t like the result, report back.

1 Like

What’s your final goal? are these going on youtube?