Webvfx typewriter effect for arabic - right to left

@Elusien Hi Neil
Is there any way to tweak the typewriter effect for arabic font (to start from right to left)

Thank you in advance for any information

cc:
@jonray

Good idea. I’ll have a look at it this afternoon. It shouldn’t be too difficult.

1 Like

Thank you very much Neil

I am looking at it now and it will take a little while to fix. The problem is that I the typewriter effect converts each character to a “<span>” and this destroys the “dir=‘rtl’” property, as per the standard. So basically I will have to reverse each word before I convert the characters to <span>s.

I was hoping it was a 10-minute fix, but it is quite a bit more complicated than that. But I wiil fix it.

1 Like

I have put a new version of WebVfx on the website. I could not easily make the change to handle both RTL and LTR text so I have made a separate one for RTW (e.g. Arabic). Where before you had the following on a “<div>”:

data-typewriter=

chage it to:

dir='rtl' data-ntypewriter=

Basically “typewriter” now has an “n” in front of it. You don’t actually need the “dir=‘rtl’” if you have already specified this on the <html> tag or on the <body> tag.

Please try this out and let me know if it works for you, as I don’t have much experience with RTL text.

@elusien, you are a genius! :smiley: I think there may be creative possibilities for using this for cool text effects using standard English text as well as Arabic. Can’t wait to try it out. Thanks! :+1:

@Elusien
@jonray
I tried it using arabic font and it works :+1: :+1: :+1:
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.