Vp8 1000fps hang system

What is your operating system?
(If you are using Linux, you must state how you installed Shotcut as there are too many builds and packages. In general, we do not make the build installed by your distribution package manager unless it installs the Snap. The developers only build, test, run, and support the builds shown on our download page.)

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎13/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19045.4046
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably in English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

The following video format hangs in the system when dragging from the playback window to the timeline window. forum does not allow attaching more screenshots.

Silly forum I have to reply to myself to attach more screenshots.

Hi and welcome,
unfortunately as a frequent user I cannot help you directly on this topic.

But I think it would be important to know if this video file supports audio, too!

It is an very unusual frame rate, so it could be an overload in playback (maybe sync with audio) leading to a crash.

no, no audio. I unchecked it. A screen record video from here.

opera_2024-03-06_07-19-47
Did you record for 9942 hours?
It appears that your file is corrupt.

Have you tried screen recording with a different program like OBS?

I recorded a 5-second video from that website, which I have blurred out in my screenshots as I don’t wish to promote it.

As reported by MediaInfo:
MediaInfo_2024-03-06_07-32-04

How it appears in Shotcut. (I blurred the actual screen to not show what I’m watching on YouTube)

Not a bug from Shotcut, but rather the program writing the file.

Just look at your file properties with Windows File Explorer.
2024-03-06_07-49-06

after several hangs dragging from the playback window to the Timeline window.
I added the video to the playlist and then dragged it to the Timeline window, it was okay.

Other video applications’ playback was okay.
Yes, I do notice the duration is a bit weird but did not pay much attention to it as other media players were playing the file.

Not all audio and video files can or should be edited directly. There can be good hints for that situation such as strange duration (often coincides with a non-seekable file) or frame rate (often coincides with variable frame rate). Shotcut does try to detect both and alert the user, but it is not an aggressive or strict check for user experience reasons. Use Properties > Convert on this file to convert it into something edit-friendly. Otherwise, garbage in produces garbage out.