VOB is too short

I can’t load a full VOB video into Shotcut video editor anymore. It loads, and only gives me 13 secs! Please help I went thru all the settings. HELP! Love your product, but its been four days now, Never had this problem before, been using for years! Please I need HELP! PLEASE! I changed the duration of it in Properties, and it still bounces back to 00:00:13;03.I converted two videos MPEG, and it still only gives me 13 seconds, I downloaded different Shotcut versions, still doesn’t work, even if I extend the timeline, its only 13 seconds. Is there a setting I can change to fix? It worked before for years now it doesn’t. I don’t get it.

How long is the video supposed to be?

What did you use to convert it? Shotcut or another program?

I just tested all of my VOB files with version 21.12, and it is working fine for me:

I suspect that whatever created your VOBs did something incompatible with FFmpeg, which is a pity as its the most popular multimedia decoding library in the world.

I changed the duration of it in Properties, and it still bounces back

I tested this, and it is working for me.

Is there a setting I can change to fix? It worked before for years now it doesn’t.

No, but you can download an older version from Releases · mltframework/shotcut · GitHub

Thanks for the reply. I already downloaded earlier versions. How far back do you want me to go? Went back to early 2021 The VOB concert is 95 min. i used VOB merge. never had a problem. I also changed that to MPEG with Video to Video. I also did another VOB concert 45 min, and same results. 13 secs.

95 mins Converted with VIDEO TO VIDEO, been using for years.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.