Video Playback Pauses When Get to Clip, then Starts Again

So I was editing an already rendered video (basically I edited it, then rendered it and took the rendered version to make some changings to the timing since it was easier for me), when it kept pausing for a few seconds when it got to a clip. I cut a clip, and moved them apart a bit and whenever it went to the second clip, it would stop playing for a few seconds then start again. Its also not showing the correct frame on the screen and a lot of times takes a while to play. Is there anyway to fix this? I’ve tried restarting shotcut like 4 or 5 times and it didn’t work and I’ve never had this problem before.

Edit: I checked, and it only does this in the already rendered version, I went to see if it did this in the original and it was fine. So there is probably something wrong with the file.

Sounds like this file is not seeking well and needs to be converted to edit friendly format.

Is there a way to do that without having to re-edit all the clips? When I first opened them it asked me to convert to edit friendly format and I didn’t do it, and so I’m wondering if I can now either with the rendered version or re-render it without having to re-edit it as well.

What you can do is this: Start a new project. Throw in the file that needs to be converted to an edit friendly format. After you produce the new file, close Shotcut. Go to the original file that is problematic and change the file name. Then take the new edit friendly and give that the same exact name as the original file and make sure it is in the same folder as the original file. Then open your mlt project file. Shotcut should now use the old file with the new edit friendly file in all of the edits that you did.

Is it possible to do this for multiple files since most of the clips are like this? I record in about 30 second segments since its easiest and they would all have to be converted, and almost all of them have been cut up and have filters applied as well.

If you mean multiple files in the same one project then yes.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.