Video IN text - is that possible?

Hello,

Is it possible in Shotcut to do video inside text? Like this:

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes that’s possible.

I had made a video about this, let me find it in my hard drive. It’s saved some somewhere.

(I also uploaded the video on YouTube, but I deleted the channel, because it was hacked)

Here is mine:-

To make the text:-

1 Like

Here’s one from @jonray

3 Likes

Thanks!

Pour le cas précis de votre exemple, je pense que la méthode la plus simple est la suivante:
- Placez votre vidéo sur V1
- Mettez un clip couleur Noir sur V2
- Sur ce clip noir, mettez un filtre “texte simple”. RĂ©glez la couleur des lettres sur Vert
- Mettez ensuite un filtre “Chroma Key simple” rĂ©glĂ© sur Vert.

For the specific case of your example, I think the simplest method is the following:

• Put your video on V1
  • Put a black color clip on V2
  • On this black clip, put a “simple text” filter. Set the color of the letters to Green

• Then put a “Simple Chroma Key” filter set to Green.

If instead of BLACK you use a “greenscreen” colour (like BLUE) you can export the result as a “greenscreen” video, since black isn’t a very good colour to use for a greenscreen. Or swap the green and blue colours to make a GREEN greenscreen video instead of a BLUE one. Also, try setting the text stroke width to 30 (black) for better contrast in the greenscreen version.

1 Like

J’ai seulement dit Noir parce que dans le message d’origine le fond est Noir.

I only said Black because in the original message the background is Black.

1 Like

Yes, I realised that, I should have made it clearer that I was trying to show an easier way of producing a greenscreen video of this than that shown by Jonray’s method and I was being lazy as the only difference from yours was the background colour.

Oui, je m’en suis rendu compte, j’aurais dĂ» prĂ©ciser que j’essayais de montrer un moyen plus simple de produire une vidĂ©o sur Ă©cran vert de cela que celle montrĂ©e par la mĂ©thode de Jonray et j’étais paresseux car la seule diffĂ©rence avec la vĂŽtre Ă©tait la couleur de fond.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.