Video imported into Shotcut has loud buzz not heard when playing video in VLC

What is your operating system?
Bodhi Linux

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?

Shotcut version 23.06.14

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

Hi everyone,

I’m using shotcut about a year now. I continue to encounter this issue when opening videos in Shotcut Playlist (Open File → MP4).

The video plays absolutely fine when I play it in VLC but when I open I open it in the player in shotcut there is a huge 100% loudness buzzing. When I import the “next” video in the order I recorded them on my camera (where the video files get automatically chopped at 3 minutes), most of the time the second file has no buzzing.

The buzzing is present in the exported video.

The file types I am using are MPEG-4.

It’s so frustrating because any video I make I have to deal with this audio issue on the first file I append to the timeline. It doesn’t matter whether I chop up the imported file, the buzzing is present after export.

Anyone experienced this? Know what to do?

Edit more info: The original audio for the clip is preserved, but the buzzing os overlaid rendering it awful to listen to

I do not experience this. But occasionally we come across files that don’t work well in Shotcut. It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of the Properties panel (both Video and Audio tabs) from Shotcut when your clip is selected.

Also, if you are willing to share a sample clip that causes the problem, we could try it for ourselves. You would have to upload it to a file sharing site (like Google Drive) and post a link here.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.