Video format after export is different

Hey guys,

after the export the new video is really small and not even full screen as you see at the image. It looks like 4:3 proportion. I chose the H.264 high profile codec and 16:9 proportion
I don’t know if its relevant but some scenes are 2,7k with 30 fps or 1080 with 30 fps, but the majority is 1080 60 fps. I exported it in 1080 with 30 fps.

Another issue is that the audio trace is not perfectly matching the video as I edited it.

I hope you can help me :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance!

Hi

I have the same problem.
I’m very New to Shotcut and video-editing.

Vivi

I had the same problem and it was in my video player (VLC media player), I went to video, aspect ratio and changed it from auto to 16:9, it worked for me.

I had the same problem with 1080p video.

I solved by switching in the settings menu (video mode) another format, for example, 720p and then returning to what I wanted (1080p).

Good lucky!

I have the same problem, have tried the suggested settings in Shotcut and VLC, none fixes the change in synchronization between video and audio, nor the problem with the format being fucked up. I guess that is to expect from freeware.

Did you check the following threads to see if they can help you?

Also I don’t think bashing freeware will help you to get your problem solved. If Shotcut doesn’t work for you feel free to search a solution elsewhere.

I made a mistake in my previous post, in VLC instead of aspect ratio, it was crop I changed from default to 16:9.

I have some serious problems regarding this issue as well. I can establish that this is not a player-related issue as I have tried the same video in probably 3-4 different players and I’ve been experiencing the same error every time where the exported video is not entirely in fullscreen when entering fullscreen: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=jz86R-kteIw (this is one of my videos where it occurres).
I’ve tried exporting a much shorter video ( like 10 sec) with the EXACT same export options and on that video I had no issues what so ever.

Oh shit, I just realised youtube autofixed/enhanced the cropping bug, so it is now pretty normal looking.
This is what “fullscreen” looks like: