Video Exporting failing :)

Yes I know this is your favorite issue. Anyways, Shotcut was working completely fine, I exported a few files that I was working on but now I cannot export a single thing. I am running it on a Chromebook with linux and I am now running into bizarre problems.
First things haven’t been working properly since the beginning, I was exporting some videos into gif format and when I would go select the file, the exported file would be called “.xdp_waters.R2ZAV0” with waters being what I was trying to name it. Every file had a bizarre ending and I renamed it to .gif and it worked perfectly. Now I get immediate failures, I cannot even save my log file! It says its saved but I cannot find it anywhere. I will paste my log here:

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘/app/lib/ladspa/’: /app/lib/ladspa/ invalid ELF header

[libx264 @ 0x7c95fc002000] using SAR=1/1

[libx264 @ 0x7c95fc002000] using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast LZCNT SSSE3 SSE4.2

[libx264 @ 0x7c95fc002000] profile High, level 3.1, 4:2:0, 8-bit

[libx264 @ 0x7c95fc002000] 264 - core 161 - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec - Copyleft 2003-2020 - x264, the best H.264/AVC encoder - VideoLAN - options: cabac=1 ref=2 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=6 psy=1 psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=3 lookahead_threads=1 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 bluray_compat=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=1 keyint=148 keyint_min=14 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=0 rc_lookahead=30 rc=crf mbtree=1 crf=23.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=0 qpmax=69 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00

[consumer avformat] Could not open ‘/run/user/1000/doc/9b29542/will this work.mp4’

[aac @ 0x7c95fc007f80] Qavg: -nan

Failed with exit code 1

When I first looked at this I thought it was problem with Rubberband but I am not using audio, esp with gif exporting. So looking around on here I’ve found that [consumer avformat] is about file permissions, I am guessing this is where the big issue is. The file path it is trying to open in non-existent. It is not where the original video source is from, and it is not the path of where I am going to save it. I have tried moving the files around, from the chromebook partition to the linux partition, i’ve given my linux partition complete access to the chromeos partition and I am very stuck. Based on the factors of is being Linux running on chromeos and a bunch of weird file path errors I am guessing this might just be an inherent problem but I am confused at how I got quite a few to work properly. I don’t know if anywhere here has had these issues but here’s to hoping

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.