Video degrading when export

I did post this if anyone else also search the forum for help. And I understand that you don’t get this booring settings. Why I took my time to give you a easy way to just tick boxes and select stuff without know what they really do.

And you say that it still looks bad? MMmmm. I remember going over to VLC (free like Shotcut) due to Windows built in player was displaying wrong colors… You can try with VLC and check it if you don’t do that already?

If your sure you used the settings I posted I’m kinda sure the video shoud be good looking, Did you select Mp4 in the top of the settings??? Format = Mp4?

@Turbo50 I didn’t mean to affend you and I really do appreciate all your help…Your right maybe I dont understand all the setting etc. Its not booring…its somthing I want to learn and have to learn doing videos…once again thankyou and sorry if I offended you.

yes its at Mp4

No no no! I just know that setting video stuff is booooring! And I like to punch puppies sometimes in anger. : )
That’s why I like to help anyone that find this post and needs help with video settings. Took me 3years to learn this most basic stuff in video making. (before it was looking professional)

What Bitrate did you use? I had tried 30M and reported back the file size and lenght of your video you try and export. Find it really hard to belive you can have done anything in your editing that make the export look wrong. Make sure that codec settings are right and that your own profile is selected when you export.

Exported a 4h long video ones with the wrong profile…

ok now you lost me what do you mean by my own profile is selected when exporting?? lol maybe that is my problem…heck I would be satisfied with semi amature lol

Umm. You know how you selected all this settings right? Yea with all the settings done you click the big PLUS symbol below the list of presets. After that it adds a new preset in the list. (You give it a name) You have to select it and after that export. I hope it helps.

ok let me see if I understand this…once I change the settings I have to give it a profile (name) in order for it to affect the video i’m exporting??

Umm. No? But it dose help next time you launch the program and not having to redo the setting agen. But your right you shoud be able to export right after your done setting it up. (as long as you don’t select a profile that’s going to change all your settings. Kinda obvius but hey)

Set it up and hit export. It shoud be exporting at your selected settings. Not having to hit the PLUS or anything. Sorry if i confused you. Just me overthinking it.

yes and maybe I have a profile clicked that shouldn’t be clicked and thats why its all wonky…in the list of presets maybe I have somthing clicked that shouldn’t be clicked and even changing the settings is why its still messed up…what should be clicked to start out with or should anything be clicked on in the box with all the names of profiles…

ok so I have a REALLY stupid question…like all the others havin’t been lol Under the video tab…the way I understand it the resolution automaticly reads what the video is…mine says 1280x720 so does it make a difference in if i’m changing that to 1920x1080 or not

Ow… When you hit Export with 1080p set and your video is 720p what it dose is streath it to fit. It loses quality or has black boxes around it. But it shoud not be a dramatic change vs how it lookt in the editor. YouTube preset is 1080p. In editor it’s also set to 1080p, what you see in the edit window is what you get. When you export or view it in editor shoud not make a diffrence if the export settings are good. does that make sense?

What I noticed looking in YouTube preset is that if you change one setting in it (that being quality-based vbr to avrage bitrate at 30M b/s) you should have a as good export settings as you possibly can get. Have you tried a diffrent program to watch your exported video yet? I like many outhers love VLC media player.

ok so dont have black boxes around it …lol is there a way I could send you a 15second video of raw upload from camera and also the same one with the settings you gave me to try and maybe you can tell me what you see?? i’m a visual learner…

ok downloaded the VLC and watch both videos on it…cant see to much of a difference between the 2 videos…a little bit but not much…but what I have found out what I see on the windows movie maker is closer to what I get on youtube…now I do have some videos posted useing shot cut …just a couple I will post a links of using shot cut and one using windows movie maker…and maybe you can tell me what you see…
Shotcut:

Windows movie maker:

top is shotcut with alot of tinkering in the shapness etc dont think there wasn’t somthing i didn’t tinker with to try to fix it lol ok guess i can only do 20 post cant do any more :frowning:
I figure get the video quality where i want it then will tackle sound…lol just using the mic on camera and i know audio is not good lol…I will raise the bitrate and see what that does…ty
ty so much for your help…I will do some experimenting over the next couple of days lol

Umm… You removed the post. But hey I now understand how importent the quality is now!

It looks really good bouth of them. (sound I do not like to comment on)

VLC was not the anser. I did not know you had uploaded videos already. Sorry

My best anser to you is to set a bitrate above 20M b/s and try that. When I look at your Shotcut video it’s obvius that the bitrate is to low. Even 100% quality in shotcut don’t mean anything sadly. That’s most likely your problem right now.

I’m uploading a shot tutorial just for you how to set export setting. I’m using a video game for my footage but shoud give you a ide atleat of how it looks? I hope.

Outher then getting a better camera and uploading your videos in 1440p to YouTube you can’t really get it to look better. I was sure you had mutch bigger problems then this. But I get why you need the video to be accrued.

I hope I helpt you in some way alteast!
I exported the video with the “Why” export settings. That is 1080p 30fps 30M b/s

Waint until it’s in 1080p. It can take some time.

I understand if you can’t post more today due to the forum. I just hope this is enuf to help you. I think my video and setting used there shoud help. And I don’t know how the camera footage looks like but if the camera is any good uploading your video in 1440p resulution (even if your camera did not record it in 1440p) it is going to stop YouTube from making the video ugly. (even if the viewer watch it at 720p)

Does youtube change the bitrate once it’s uploaded? I’m embedding a youtube video on my homepage, and want to make sure It plays Immediately for all but the worst connections. I exported the video with 2Mb/s average bitrate for 1080p. Is youtube going to increase the bitrate to some standard rate? The last thing I want is for people to bounce from my site because they see a black screen.

There has been a really lengthy discussion about this, sort of here: Dealing with codec settings.

Depending on the speed of the end user’s computer, and/or internet speed determines what quality they will see. You can send it at 1080p, 2k, 4k, but if I have a weak internet, I’m going to be viewing at 360p, 240p, or 144p.

yt%20quality

Absolutely and always! They do what is called adaptive bitrate streaming and need to prepare multiple renditions in different resolutions, codecs, and bitrates. Upload the best quality you are willing to tolerate for the upload speed.

They will limit the fore-mentioned renditions based on your upload resolution and framerate but probably not bitrate.

YouTube is probably the most reliable streaming source and embedded player due to its popularity, size, and device reach. Their tech also powers Google Drive, Photos, and likely other Google products.

1 Like