Video degrading when export

I’m uploading a shot tutorial just for you how to set export setting. I’m using a video game for my footage but shoud give you a ide atleat of how it looks? I hope.

Outher then getting a better camera and uploading your videos in 1440p to YouTube you can’t really get it to look better. I was sure you had mutch bigger problems then this. But I get why you need the video to be accrued.

I hope I helpt you in some way alteast!
I exported the video with the “Why” export settings. That is 1080p 30fps 30M b/s

Waint until it’s in 1080p. It can take some time.

I understand if you can’t post more today due to the forum. I just hope this is enuf to help you. I think my video and setting used there shoud help. And I don’t know how the camera footage looks like but if the camera is any good uploading your video in 1440p resulution (even if your camera did not record it in 1440p) it is going to stop YouTube from making the video ugly. (even if the viewer watch it at 720p)

Does youtube change the bitrate once it’s uploaded? I’m embedding a youtube video on my homepage, and want to make sure It plays Immediately for all but the worst connections. I exported the video with 2Mb/s average bitrate for 1080p. Is youtube going to increase the bitrate to some standard rate? The last thing I want is for people to bounce from my site because they see a black screen.

There has been a really lengthy discussion about this, sort of here: Dealing with codec settings.

Depending on the speed of the end user’s computer, and/or internet speed determines what quality they will see. You can send it at 1080p, 2k, 4k, but if I have a weak internet, I’m going to be viewing at 360p, 240p, or 144p.

yt%20quality

Absolutely and always! They do what is called adaptive bitrate streaming and need to prepare multiple renditions in different resolutions, codecs, and bitrates. Upload the best quality you are willing to tolerate for the upload speed.

They will limit the fore-mentioned renditions based on your upload resolution and framerate but probably not bitrate.

YouTube is probably the most reliable streaming source and embedded player due to its popularity, size, and device reach. Their tech also powers Google Drive, Photos, and likely other Google products.

1 Like